Oxycontin vs. Percocet
What are Oxycontin and Percocet?
Oxycontin and Percocet are opioid medicines that help relieve pain. Percocet contains Oxycodone and acetaminophen, a pain relief drug sold over the counter as Tylenol. OxyContin is an opioid painkiller with its primary active ingredient, the chemical Oxycodone. It was first introduced in 1996. Oxycontin’s chief innovation was its 12-hour timed release of the drug oxycodone. Purdue Pharma, a privately-held pharmacy company based in Stamford, Connecticut, developed this prescription painkiller OxyContin. Buy Oxycontin online because, as per the statistics, 650,000 Oxycontin prescriptions are dispensed on an average day in the USA, according to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). This proves that Oxycontin is widely used in the USA.
Upon its release in 1996, OxyContin was hailed as a medical breakthrough, a long-lasting narcotic (opioid) that could help patients suffering from moderate to severe pain. Oxycontin is still hugely popular in the USA. Order Oxycontin online as it is a safe and effective pain reliever medicine.
Percocet is a combination medication consisting of a mixture of Oxycodone and acetaminophen, the main ingredient in the pain reliever Tylenol. Percocet is generally only prescribed for high degrees of pain, and doctors should prescribe it with care. Percocet first became popular in the USA around the 1970s as an alternative to Percodan, i.e., the combination of oxycodone and aspirin painkiller, which had a blood-clotting side effect because of the aspirin. You can buy Percocet 5 mg/ 325 mg online if you have extreme pain after an injury, surgery, or a chronic medical condition because Percocet is among the most potent painkillers available in the USA. It will show immediate effects, and you will get rid of your pain in no time.
Oxycontin vs. Percocet
The key differences between Percocet and Oxycontin are:
- OxyContin is the brand name for Oxycodone. Percocet is a combination medication of Oxycodone and acetaminophen.
- Percocet is stronger and faster-acting than OxyContin, which can cause problems for potential addicts.
- Buy Oxycontin online overnight because Oxycontin acts on your central nervous system (i.e., CNS) to block the feeling of pain. Percocet blocks pain and also offers a second mode of pain relief from the acetaminophen component, a non-opiate analgesic that relieves fever. In addition to Oxycodone, Percocet also contains acetaminophen.
- Percocet and Oxycontin are both classified as narcotic analgesics.
Strength of Oxycontin vs. Strength of Percocet
Order Percocet online to treat your intense pain because Percocet is more potent than Oxycontin because the addition of acetaminophen in Percocet medication increases Oxycodone’s effectiveness which means that Percocet can provide more pain relief than Oxycontin. This may mean that, for people with severe pain who do not get relief from Oxycontin, Percocet is more effective. Still, while Percocet can ease pain and relieve a fever, compared to Oxycontin, it is not always more effective than Oxycontin. Because of the additional risks of Percocet, it might be safer to try Oxycontin first. Order Oxycontin online as it is a favorite pain killer in this country because it provides long and steady pain relief.
What are the medical uses of Oxycontin and Percocet?
A doctor can prescribe either Percocet or Oxycontin to treat moderate to severe pain. Percocet contains Oxycodone which binds to opioid receptors in your spinal cord and brain, blocking specific pain signals. Opioid drugs like Oxycontin and Percocet also trigger a sense of euphoria or sleepiness in some people, and they can be pretty addictive. Buy Oxycontin 20 mg online and relieve yourself from pain and inflammation so that you will be able to perform your daily activities with ease. Doctors usually prescribe opioids like Percocet and Oxycontin when a person has acute or chronic moderate to severe pain, which can result from:
- a surgery
- muscle damage
- an infected tooth
- an injury such as a broken bone
Acetaminophen, the other ingredient in Percocet, is a non-opioid pain relief medication that can reduce a fever. Because Percocet contains the acetaminophen drug, Percocet can also help with fever-related symptoms, such as chills, muscle aches, and fatigue. You may buy Percocet 10 mg/ 325 mg online and use it if you experience fever-related symptoms because Percocet works to reduce fever due to its acetaminophen component, as discussed here.
Patients also use Percocet medication to treat breakthrough pain when long-acting pain medicines do not provide enough relief. Order Percocet online for such breakthrough pain and experience rapid relief due to the quick onset of action of Percocet medication. Dosing of Oxycontin and Percocet depends on your age and need, the form of the drug, and whether the medicine is immediate-release or extended-release. One should use Percocet or Oxycontin precisely as directed by a medical professional.
You can now buy Oxycontin 30 mg online from our e-pharmacy, and we guarantee doorstep delivery of Oxycontin within 24 hours with no extra shipping charges.
Duration of effect of Percocet and Oxycontin
Generally, Percocet starts working within 15 to 30 minutes of taking it, reaches its peak effects within an hour, and lasts for about 3 to 6 hours. You can buy Oxycontin 10 mg online from greenxanaxbarsforsale.com because Oxycontin tablets are longer-acting. They begin to relieve pain within 2 to 4 hours of taking them and steadily release the Oxycodone for about 12 hours. This type of medicine is designed to produce a long-acting and steady amount of pain relief. Both drugs can stop providing effective pain relief when taken long-term. This is known as tolerance.
Buy Percocet 7.5/ 325 mg online.
What are the common side effects of Percocet and Oxycontin?
Percocet and Oxycontin often cause several similar side effects as Oxycodone is an ingredient in Percocet. Some of the side effects common to Oxycontin and Percocet include:
- sweating, sleepiness, or itchiness
- brain fog, or feeling less alert
- headaches, dizziness, or constipation
- nausea, vomiting, or a loss of appetite
Some people can experience severe side effects, such as:
- allergic reactions, shallow breathing, confusion, or low blood pressure
- painful urination
- a slow heartbeat, fainting, or seizures
- motor skill impairment
- Liver damage
Because Percocet also contains acetaminophen drug, it generally carries more risk of side effects than Oxycontin. The most notable additional side effects of Percocet are liver-related problems, such as dark urine.
Oxycontin and Percocet drug interactions
Percocet and Oxycontin are known to cause interactions with other substances and medications. Tell the doctor about the medicines you take before you use Percocet or Oxycontin. The following are medically significant drug interactions with Percocet and Oxycontin:
- CYP3A4 inducers, including phenytoin and carbamazepine inhibitors of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, such as azole-antifungal agents (ketoconazole), macrolide antibiotics (erythromycin), and protease inhibitors (ritonavir)
- CNS depressants, such as benzodiazepines and other hypnotics or sedatives, muscle relaxants, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, general anesthetics, and tranquilizers
- certain types of antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ( SSRIs), serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors ( SNRIs), and triptans
- other mixed antagonist/ agonist and partial agonist opioid analgesics
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors ( MAOIs) are sometimes used to treat dementia, depression, and early-onset Parkinson’s disease, and diuretics generally used to treat high blood pressure and other conditions
- anticholinergic drugs, such as ipratropium (such as Atrovent), benztropine mesylate (such as Cogentin), and atropine (Atropine)
- probenecid, zidovudine, activated charcoal, beta-blockers, such as propranolol, zidovudine, and lamotrigine (Lamictal)
To sum it up, Oxycontin and Percocet are potent prescription opioid pain medicines, but there are significant differences between them. Oxycodone is one of the active components in Percocet medicine that also contains acetaminophen. While, Oxycontin is the trade-name for Oxycodone and releases Oxycodone over an extended period, i.e., 12 hours.